David Frohardt-Lane, from Chicago, won $542,850 by having the best record, plus also winning a $15,000 bonus for selecting over 67% winners, making for a total first place prize amount of $557,850. Frohardt-Lane’s record for the season was 55-26-4 and his winning percentage was 67.9% (excluding ties). The Detroit native plans to donate half of his winnings to GiveWell, a nonprofit that evaluates other charities.
David Frohardt-Lane accepts the first prize check as the winner of the 2013 SuperContest for a record $557,850 from Jay Kornegay, VP of Race & Sports at the LVH – Las Vegas Hotel & Casino.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest news surrounding the World’s Largest Race & Sports SuperBook® @LVSuperBook
LVH SuperContest Fast Facts
• Entry fee $1,500 & contestants must be 21 years of age
• Contestants pick 5 pro games against the spread each week
• Prize money is based on number of entries and the top 30 get the cash
• Proxy’s are accepted and must enter in person
• Weekly selections are due at 11:00AM each Saturday
• Past winners have collected $207K, $220K, $303K, $259K, $310K, $447K, $542K (2013)
SUPERCONTEST WEEKEND SEMINAR
Any proxy service accepted at the SuperBook must include a disclaimer on its website indicating it is not affiliated with or endorsed by the LVH and such proxy services are not authorized to use any of the marks of LVH, SuperBook, and/or SuperContest in any manner.